In 2007, Sitting Bull College, located in Fort Yates on the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, opened its doors to the Lakȟótiyapi Summer Institute (LSI). LSI was created in a joint partnership between the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Sitting Bull College and the Lakota Language Consortium as an opportunity to bring together Lakota/Dakota teachers, speakers and learners.
“An incredible three weeks! Thank you for the awesome classes and incredible ability to transmit information and passion at the same time.”
Registration now open! As many of you already know, this year the Lakota Language Consortium will be offering the Lakota Summer Institute at UTTC, a residential tribal college with more housing to accommodate growing demand. LSI’S tradition of excellence and community continues! Expect:
- Tracks for all levels, from total beginner to advanced
- Revamped courses in conversation, grammar and teaching methods
- Latest materials from the Lakota Language Consortium
- Many familiar instructors from past LSI’s, led by Jan Ullrich
- Lower program cost than previous years!
- Affordable CEU’s and credits available
- Affordable modern housing and meal options onsite
Deadlines to Register:
April 1 — For participants needing credits
May 1 — Everyone else
Learn more or register here